Friday, November 7, 2008

Elections

We voted by absentee ballot before we left for Paris.  Though it was weird to know our vote really didn’t count since Texas only counts our votes if needed a week after the election.  But voting gives me the right to complain right?  I am not complaining about the results but I could I wanted to.  It was weird to not be forced to watch election results all night – I could have watched the BBC from midnight to 6 am if I wanted to but that was a lot of effort.  So we woke up to the news of Obama’s win.  Which I was happy with but I know not everyone is but it is really weird to live overseas at this time.  I really think if McCain had won the world would have turned their back on us.  I can’t tell you how many times people have “congratulated” me – literally - on our new president and making the “right choice”.   Kinda like winning the lottery or getting promotion etc.  Very strange feeling but at the same time it is nice to see that people are supportive and again pleased with the choices Americans made because there is a lot of resentment and even hatred about our current government.  I just hope he can pull of the change our country needs and he promised.  It will be interesting to view the beginning of the Obama presidency through the eyes of the world.  

No comments: