Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cod Liver Oil

We had a nice dinner last night was Jason's project leader and his wife - who are both Norwegian.  They have two little ones- a girl who is 2 and a half and a newborn boy who is one month old (and SO cute).  After dinner the little girl got ready for bed and put her PJ's on - then came down to the kitchen for her nightly spoonful of cod liver oil!  Not only did she take it willingly she went back for seconds.  We talked about it for awhile - then it was suggested I try it - so I did.  Pretty gross - taste like fish but not as bad as I expected.  Olav told us Norwegians take it everyday and it is really important in the winter since it has 100% of their Vitamin D intake.  I will continue to take my Vitamin D tablets and Flintstones vitamins - no cod liver oil for me - isn't it used as punishment in the States?  The best part is they have these commercials on TV where this guy runs for miles and then comes home and pulls the cod liver oil bottle of the fridge and takes a big swig.  I can say that is the last thing I can think of wanting after a run!  Olav also told us they have to make the kids put on the PJ's first since it the oil gets on anything it ruins it- the smell can't be washed out- YUCK!

No comments: