Sunday, March 8, 2009

Turning 30

So it was my turn to get old this week – so sad. I turned 30 on Monday. We had a nice evening out the Saturday before with Matt and Kathryn. We went to a burger place downtown for some good American food and a beer – which is a rarity these days. We followed that up with a nice dessert at a local pastry shop and then we went BOWLING! It was pretty fun and felt like home except that it was only 10 lanes! It was tiny and I swear that everything was sold at auction from a defunct bowling alley in America. It was all about 20 years old and to top it off it cost $50 an hour! So we kept it short and had a good time. Monday rolled around and I was sick so Jason stayed home in the morning with me and we had pancakes. That evening we had a simple dinner and I got my present from Jason, which was a cool speaker system for the kitchen that I can use with my computer or iPod. And he even surprised me with a cake!

There is not much else to report. I was mildly sick most of the week but I am feeling much better. One of my students showed our home economics class how to make sushi so we had homemade sushi tonight for dinner, which was a great change. And the most exciting news would be that we have booked a trip to Istanbul for June! We are excited to get to experience a new part of the world and a completely different culture. We are both pretty excited about it and have been researching all there is to know and see while we are there.

No comments: