Today I made Chocolate Babka which a twisted bread filled with chocolate and/or cinnamon - popular in Jewish culture. I had two recipes to choose from (my new book or Cooking Light) and I went with the light version. Here is the recipe. I struggled a bit with this one since the recipe calls for using a stand mixer (which I don't have here) and bread flour. Bread flour doesn't quite translate - I ended up with a type of bread flour but it was a lot grainer then the US type so this had more of a bite to it then I expected but it was yummy! Even with my complications I was pleased with the result.
After rolling out the dough - you add the layer of sugar and chocolate
After being baked
The inside - yummy!
As I mentioned last time - I have been waiting for the snow. We did get a dusting on Saturday which was great Christmas tree decorating weather. That didn't last too long but this morning we woke up to about an inch of fresh snow! Yeah! The snow is great because we are down to about 5 hours of sunlight a day- here is a picture out our back door of the sun setting at 2:35pm today!
2 comments:
Your blog always inspires me to bake more and be more adventurous with what I try. Thanks!!
i do NOT miss that. i like my sun.
Post a Comment