Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Butterscotch and Chocolate Chip Cookies

When I was in the US I picked up a bag of butterscotch chips since you can't buy them here and they are a nice change of pace every once in awhile. Today I broke open the bag! I made Butterscotch and Chocolate Chip Cookies - the recipe is here. They turned out well - though I am still trying to figure out what the Norwegians call brown sugar really is. It is much grainier then ours but I don't know if it makes a difference in the outcome of the baked goods.
Jason stayed home sick today. We have both been under the weather since returning from the US. Jason is not getting better- he can barely talk but I still had to convince him to stay home from work today. He finally agreed and is tasting each batch of cookies for me :) It was frigid here last week, the warmest it got was about -4F all week. Our dogs were not pleased with the cold and neither were we. It is much warmer this week, it should be about 15F all week but we have not had any more snow (but there is plenty on the ground) and none is predicted for the next week - strange how different it is this year then last.
Evidently when it is really cold outside it is common for ice to form inside the house on your doors and windows. Who knew? This is the door from our bedroom to the porch. Brrr!!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Whoa, for real ice on the inside of your door? You will probably be ready for shorts when you get here and it is a balmy 34 degrees! And bring that cookies recipe, we have some baking to do!!!!