Jason turned 31 on Friday! We celebrated by having dinner at our favorite restaurant in the city- which sells $35 hamburgers and then going to see Sherlock Holmes which was pretty good. On Saturday we had a lazy day and then I cooked Jason's favorite meal - Gorgonzola Pasta and Boston Cream Pie cupcakes. I found a super fun "ice cannon" which is basically a big sparkler for the top of the cupcake so we had a good time with that! It was weird not having a present for Jason on his birthday....he wanted a new lens for the camera so we ordered it and it is awaiting pick up in New York at Post Office Taylor!
Here is the recipe for the cupcakes if you are interested. They are so good but slightly time consuming. Though it would be easier in the States since you don't have to make yellow cake from scratch.
2 comments:
Awesome sparkler!!! Too bad you can't bring some of those back to the states! Silly explosive restrictions on airplanes...oh wait. ;o)
The food and sparkler looked really neat. I don't think that I would want to eat the sparkler. Happy birthday to all.
Dad
Post a Comment