Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake

Strawberries have to be my favorite fruit of all time. I am pretty spoiled since I grew up in Southern California and you can basically get amazing and huge strawberries almost year around. Though the summer berries are well worth waiting for. Norwegians also love strawberries. They grow them here and you can find them growing wild. Strawberries started appearing at the stores about 3 weeks ago - currently they are from Portugal and Denmark. So I bought a few pints and made some Strawberry Shortcake- yum!
Later this summer the Norwegian strawberries will make an appearance at the grocery store. They are really small and pretty good- they have a unique flavor. The Norwegians go ga-ga for them and you literally see people fighting to get the last pint- I don't think the stores can stock them fast enough. And they only stick around for a few weeks - though with the Spring we have had they might not even get a harvest. I will try to get a picture of the chaos.

No comments: