It has been awhile! We went home in late October for a few weeks. Jason had to work in California so we took the opportunity to see Heather and Damon in the Bay Area and then headed to my mom's for some early Christmas time. Jason spent the weekend then headed to work while my mom and I spent some quality time. Once Jason was done with work we had the opportunity to see my sister, Leora, and her sister-in-law, Annie, in Palo Alto for a lovely day (and amazing Indian food!) Then we headed to Texas to become citizens of the great state once again (and not pay LA income tax!) and do a stock up.
 |
| Nape wine tasting- day started here with my favorite |
 |
| Ended here, we are too old for this anymore but it was well worth it! |
 |
| First trip to Alcatraz Island - it was interesting |
 |
| Got to shoot some guns |
 |
| I spent a beautiful day in Yosemite with my Aunt, always awe-inspiring! |
Before I left Luanda I had a few quick adventures. One morning a group of use wanted some baskets so we took a trip down south toward the Kwansa River in search of the local basket sellers. Took us a while to find the right seller but we found them and made their day with 3 of us all buying baskets- all the car could hold! On the way we stopped at the natural "wonder" called Miradoura Da Lua which translate as Moon Vally View. There used to be water covering this spot and overtime erosion has created these deep crevices in the soil. This is considered one of the top tourist attractions in Angola...after seeing it I would disagree but then again there is not really anything to see here so I guess if you had to rate something? But still not really, but it was pretty. Our driver had never seen it and wanted his picture with it too which made me smile.
 |
| Miradouro Da Lua |
 |
| Mucua - insides of the fruit of the Imbonerio (aka Baobab) tree |
 |
| Looking toward the ocean |
I also have been playing a little golf. The course is pretty far- about 90 minutes south of the city (past the moon view) but I
do have some time on my hands. The course is really pretty and not too expensive. There are interesting animals and birds and it is quiet- something you forget about living in a huge loud city. On the course we have seen huge pigs, horses, kingfishers and the hint of crocodiles (just under the water, kinda shy things!). It is a nice option to have a few times a month. Being outside is something we miss.
 |
| Pigs on the edge of the course |
 |
| Gold Course Fairway |
 |
| Horses on the course from the nearby Polo field |
We got back to Luanda 2 weeks ago and I have been sick with a cold and bronchitis, finally feeling better. I think the malaria drugs make recovery harder...either that or I am getting old :(
No comments:
Post a Comment