Sunday, October 5, 2008

Autumn in Norway

It has turned to autumn here. The trees, bushes and weeds are all changing colors and it is really spectacular.  I have never lived anywhere to see the change in seasons so this is really neat.  Here is the view out the kitchen window – it is where I spend most of my time on the computer.


It has also gotten cold.  The high today is supposed to be 5 C (41 F) and rainy.  I think this is the start of the season of cold, wet and dark.  The sun is now setting and rising at more normal times but we are losing 20 minutes a week so soon it will be dark!  Jason and I invested in flannel sheets and electric blankets 2 weeks ago and they are really nice at night!  Of course they don’t really have electric blankets only heating pads, which is kinda weird, but they work well.  We have also broken the heat in the bathroom – well we don’t think it was our fault and we don’t think our landlady is going to make us pay for it -thank god!  I guess some moisture got through the grout and shorted the heaters – what a stupid system!    But our entire bathroom (floor and walls) will be ripped out to replace the electric strip heaters under the floor and all the tile – it will take THREE WEEKS!  You could build an entire house in Houston in 3 weeksJ  We think the house is going to be mighty cold – strip heating is the dumbest idea ever.

 

Other then that things are going well.  Jason has been in Houston for a week and he has one more week to go.  I am on vacation from school next week (Autumn Break) so I am going to catch up with school work and plan our next trip to France/Spain. 

No comments: