This week we turned in our US drivers licenses and we now have temporary Norwegian licenses. Getting a real Norwegian license should be an interesting process. First we have to wait for the Norwegian version of the DMV to send us a letter indicating we can take the exam – then we have go to a driving school and take some lessons. But the kicker is there is no set amount of lessons we have to take but instead just until the driving school thinks we are “ready”. At $100 an hour that will be great! Then when we are “ready” the driving school makes an appointment for us but we have to rent the driving schools’ special car to take the test – which of course costs 3 times the amount of a lesson. Hopefully the day I am assigned to take the test it won’t be snowing or icy! We have three months to complete the process – I will keep you updated on how that goes. It was a strange feeling handing over our licenses, good thing we have a spare at homeJ
Not much else to report here. Jason and I are back to the humdrum of life and work. Jason’s work is pretty tedious nowadays. And mine is really a constant challenge. We have some work to do this weekend - I thought I was done with weekend working! The weather has started to turn cold here – the nights are 40 or so and the days are 60 max. I have a feeling the winter will be colder then I expect.
It was really strange to watch Hurricane Ike destroy the Houston area from here. We didn’t have much footage of it but we did watch some on the Slingbox. It was weird not have 24/7 coverage of it on every channel though. Thankfully all our friends and their families in the Houston area are safe – most have power again but some are still waiting. Makes us glad to be in Norway when you talk about not having power for 3 days in 90-degree heat and humidity!
No comments:
Post a Comment