Thursday, September 11, 2008

Start of School

I know, I know I have been a big slacker and have not updated the blog!  Sorry about that but it has been pretty busy around here.  So for those of you keeping tabs I am now officially a middle school teacher!  Weird change from college kids and corporate America but it will keep me challenged to say the least.  I have a 70% appointment and I teach 4 subjects – gym, science, home economics and religion. Interesting mix to say the least but hopefully I can handle it.   There are only about 30 kids in the whole school so the classes are small and you get to know the kids pretty well.  The kids are at that fun age where they like to push the limits and be generally obnoxious so that will be one of the biggest challenges for me I think. 

Through teaching I have met some new people including an American couple from Minnesota.   Kathryn teaches with me and we get along well and her husband Matt is a chemist working on the PhD so he and Jason have a good bit in common.  It is nice to have more friends.  We also started our Norwegian lesson – we shall see how much we learn - we are learning some basics but actually speaking to Norwegians will be a challenge.  Ha Det!  (Bye in Norwegian)

No comments: