Well today's cooking didn't go quite as planned. I wanted to make a light version of one of my favorite things- cannolis. The recipe called for phylo dough but to my surprise I couldn't find it - not even at Ultra, the fancy grocery store! So I had to go with a backup that included things I had on hand. Pumpkin bread it is - which I really like and I think it is such a great autumn food but Jason doesn't like pumpkin so he will be out of luck today. I made two loaves one with chocolate chips and one without so maybe he will be able to stomach the one with chocolate chips :) The loaf with chocolate chips may have had a wee bit too many which made it heavy and therefor it stuck to the pan. It didn't come out pretty but it sure tasted good!
Here is the recipe - I made it with less oil and real eggs (since egg substitute doesn't exist here) and I made it without the nut topping. I added about 1/2 - 3/4 cup of chocolate chips to the second half of the batter before adding it to the last pan (but you may want to add less since it didn't come out too well for me). Another good cooking fact- you can only buy canned pumpkin at the fancy grocery store and it costs about $6 a can!
Fresh out of the oven
My not so pretty chocolate chip loaf!
The plain loaf
The test pieces - yummy!
1 comment:
Chocolate chip pumpkin bread! Brilliant!
Post a Comment