Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Things I Will Miss

Our time in Norway has been challenging at times but for me it has overall been a pretty amazing experience. I learned a lot about myself and how I view the world. I also learned a lot about how the world views Americans which was surprising at times. There are a lot of things I won't miss but there are many, many things that I will miss greatly. So here they are in no particular order.

Things I Will Miss:

The absolute beauty of Norway and Trondheim
The safety
The view of the fjord from the gym
The ease of recycling
Walking the dogs in beautiful and quiet surroundings every day
How well trained Norwegian dogs are
Being able to tune out random conversations
The metric system!!
Being able to reserve seats at the movies and bring in our own snacks
Waiting for the first snow
Watching the dogs frolic in the snow
Stretch
20 hours of daylight (4 hours of daylight should have been on my "won't miss" list!)
Having more vacation time and utilizing it to travel to interesting places
Leaves changing color
Mild summers
The adventure of daily life
The friends we have made

3 more days until we get on a plane. Movers are here now- I was a little worried when only two arrived but they had a helper arrive a while later and have made quick work of the packing. The best part- their truck has a viking helmet on the dash and one of our movers (who is Swedish) is wearing a moving kilt! It is seriously the coolest kilt ever- it even has utility pockets.

No comments: