The end is drawing near. As with everything in life this experience has been full of both good and bad. Personally I think there has been more good then bad but I thought I would share with you the things I won't miss first. I will post the things I will miss later in the week but don't be surprised if some of them contradict each other!
Things I Won't Miss:
People wearing just socks at the gym (and watching the terrible form they use)
Not having a garbage disposal
Not having air conditioning anywhere (including the gym)
Not having screens on my windows
Norwegian TV
Dreading calling a business and having to deal with not speaking Norwegian
Bad customer service (or none at all)
Spending a small fortune to go to the movies or out to eat
Norwegian subtitles on everything
Struggling with the language and being embarrassed at my lack of skill
The lack of variety in almost everything including food
Produce that travels so far that it is almost rotten when it gets here
The mounds of snow and ice on the roads for 5 months
Not understanding the small details of life at times due to the language barrier
That the summer never gets really hot
Being constantly cold in the winter
Having to go to four grocery stores to find one item I need for dinner
The "major" highways which are one lane in each direction with a sidewalk
I am sure there are more but these are the most prominent in my mind. Needless to say we are excited for many things when we get home but for me it will be bitter sweet. We have lived here longer then Houston now....which is strange. Four days left- movers arrive tomorrow to start packing! Coming up next- things I will miss....stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment