Since I am not working and I have yet to see my parent's new home I took a week long trip to California. The weather was nice and I got to see my parent's new home and community which was also really good. We didn't do too much (which was nice) but my mom and I did spend part of the day in Yosemite. They live about an hour or so from the park entrance. The park is as beautiful as I remember but I did find myself slightly taken aback by all the people (and it was low season). I guess the Norwegian in me was not used to share nature so closely with others.
The deer right up near my parent's house
The deer behind the house
The view into Yosemite Valley- unbelievable
Some of the big tress in Yosemite
The American way to hike
After a nice week with my parents I flew down to LA to spend the weekend with Sarah. I got to see her place in Redondo Beach and it reminded why I do like Southern California! We had some nice meals and spent a nice weekend catching up. 
Sunset view in Redondo Beach
Sadly during my lovely week in California Jason was stuck in Houston dealing with a sick Dopler. He had to take him to the emergency vet the night I left. Dopler had bad diarrhea and was in pain- when Jason took him in the weighed him and he had lost 6 pounds since Monday. After some tests they determined he has Giardia (an intestinal parasite) which we think he might have chronically. He was given some drugs and a liter of fluid under his skin (Jason said he looked like a camel) and sent home to recoup. Our dear friends Natalie and Gavin played care taker for three days while Jason was at work. Thursday Dopler's bad tummy returned so Jason took him back to the vet for some more tests and Jason's mom came to visit to help. Turns out he has a B12 deficiency as well but nothing else major wrong. He was also continuing to struggle to eat but after some additional experimenting with his food we have found a wet food to mix into his dry food that he loves so he has eaten every meal for a full week. We have our fingers crossed that he will continue to gain weight and improve. There is nothing to stress you out like a sick dog :(
1 comment:
I hope Dopler feels better! And Yosemite looks amazing, it is on my list of places to see for sure. Hope you had a relaxing time at home and are doing well!!!
Post a Comment