The neighborhood in which I work in New Orleans is called Upper Audubon. It is historic and beautiful. I went for a lunchtime walk the other day to enjoy the warm weather we have been experiencing. I was amazed at the gorgeous old homes and all the flowering trees so I thought I would share.


It is Mardi Gras season here in New Orleans. It is really about a month long celebration but the real meat of it started last Friday and runs until Tuesday. We went to our first parade on Sunday, although I have been to Mardi Gras before it is different as a "local". Tulane has Monday and Tuesday off and Jason gets Tuesday off but plans to take Monday as well. Look for a Mardi Gras post coming up!
3 comments:
That is officially the most beautiful lunchtime walk ever. I am dying of jealousy. And starting to plot a trip down to see you in Louisiana! Glad things are going well :o)
definitely get to Endymion, Bacchus and Orpheus this weekend. All are 'super' parades! Have fun and drink a few for me! And I feel your pain about the fog on the Causeway...drove that for two years in high school- blah!
What are the chances I am going to get to see you next month while attending the NIRSA conference? - Kenny Norris
Post a Comment