Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mardi Gras Avec Quelques Images

Sooo- I have been a slacker. It is hard to find time to blog when I am working full time, commuting 10+ hours a week, working out and taking care of the rest of those things that come with life. And to make matters worse I hate using blogger on my work computer.

So the post title translates as "Fat Tuesday with Some Photos" (right Phoung?) Mardi Gras refers to the Tuesday event only so usually it is referred to here a Carnival season. I promised some Mardi Gras pictures, here are a few but I have more as well. We did go to one parade which was a river parade (Krewe of Tchefuncta) which was interesting. We are pretty pleased to see that even in our old age we are still excited to catch beads. I got two days off of work, Lundi Gras and Mardi Gras - which means Fat Monday and Fat Tuesday. Jason got Mardi Gras and took a vacation day for Monday. He was invited to a "balcony party" by a large vendor he works with so we headed down to the city, with another Chevron couple, to experience bead throwing from the other side. The party was on Bourbon St on the second floor of a bar. There was a lot of good food and an open bar (which as the DD I didn't get to partake in). And then there are the beads- thousands of beads. We spent, oh maybe 4 hours, throwing beads from our balcony into the crowd. The party was from 11a-5p so it was still pretty tame but there were sights to be seen - some a little worse then others. We decided that being the bead thrower is more fun then catching!

On Mardi Gras day we didn't do much. Word from the wise- everything shuts down in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. All the stores close and yes there was NO mail service and NO it is not a federal holiday but that's how they roll in Louisiana.

I am starting month three of work and it continues to be pretty decent. Jason has been offshore alot recently working on his projects. We are getting ready to have some landscaping done in the front yard (which has been neglected for quite a while). And yes Dopler is doing great. He has been cleared for full activity and just started "spinning" again last week- mostly because we wouldn't allow him to do it before. He is getting walked twice a day and is taking the stairs like a champ. He has learned to use the ramp to get in and out of the car, we just need to refine that skill a bit. The doctor said he should be able to do the jump but we are being extra safe- we don't need the stress of back surgery again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I am curious what this means: (which as the DD I didn't get to partake in). My texting skills aren't up to the new generation standards, I guess.