Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Red Velvet Cupcakes

This week I made Red Velvet Cupcakes with Butter Cream Frosting. It was much better then my first attempt this past winter when I ended up with "pink velvet" and learned that one bottle of food coloring in the US is larger then it is here! Although today's cupcakes turned out well I am still don't think the color is quite right...maybe it is my imagination or maybe the food coloring is different here. Either way the cake tasted good and the butter cream frosting was excellent!
Cooling after coming out of the oven

After being frosted
The minis I made with the left over batter and frosting...decided they needed more frosting so I made a yummy sandwich with them! They remind me of these great cookies we had in Switzerland.



3 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh. My. God. They look SO good.

Tracy said...

YUM!!!! I'll take 2 cupcakes and 15 sandwiches. ;o) Totally awesome!
And the plate the sandwiches were on was super-cute too!

Crystal said...

Those look delicious! Are you sharing recipes??