Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dog Crates

I guess I should start with a moving update. As of today we plan to be back in Houston in mid- August. Keep in mind this can change at any time. A lot of the timing has to do with how Jason's project goes. Hopefully the project will be done testing in mid-July. Then they will shut down for the three week Norwegian holiday period - we will travel to Egypt then. Then Jason will wrap up with the project team in early August. In mid - August we will hopefully be on our way to Houston. We thought for awhile it might be a little later due to a work trip to Angola but alas that is behind schedule so we need to move back first. And if you haven't been following along- our stay in Houston should only be temporary since Jason will hopefully enter the job pool at the company in October for a new job staring in December or January. He is hoping for something in operations which most likely means a "field" job. But in reality we have no idea where we will end up.
We have decided to send the dogs home to Houston to stay with Jason's parents early. The main reason being if we move internationally again the dogs must have 6 months in a country before they can be imported to another country. We don't think we will be moved internationally but it is not worth it us to risk it with our dogs. So hopefully the dogs will make their journey to Houston the week of July 12. We have a quote from our pet shipper and I now think these are the most expensive dogs ever :) We got their travel crates out this weekend to get them used the crates again. I was ecstatic when we finished putting them together and both dogs eagerly got into the crate and layed down - ahh! Dopler has been napping in his for a few hours at a time all weekend. It makes me happy to know they like the crates- it makes sending them just a little easier. But I do think that Jason and I will be beside ourselves without them :(

3 comments:

trjnsarah said...

Glad to hear that you'll be continuing my E-country vacation string this summer!

Brandi said...

I totally wanted to cry when I saw your post. But I'll bet they will have a blast at the grandparent's house ;o)

Tracy said...

Awwwww, sadness! :o( Good luck to all of you!!