Norwegian Boller is a hard one to explain -- it is almost a sweet dinner roll. It is a staple in many households here, you can buy them fresh at most grocery stores and by the bag. They come plain, with raisins or our favorite with chocolate chips. We really enjoy them and I wanted to attempt to make them before we left so I could recreate that piece of Norway for us in the States. I have been looking for an authentic recipe for a while and I finally found a recipe in English. I did have a few technical difficulties. Number one - during the first rise the dough overflowed the bowl- opps! Number two - when I was rolling them into balls - I ran out of flour and they became a sticky mess - luckily I found some whole wheat flour that I used to correct that. After some nervous anticipation we tried them out and.....they were excellent! I am so excited that they came out well and I will be able to take this bit of Norway with us! Maybe you will be lucky enough to try these one day when we get back the States!
Sixteen days and counting.....
1 comment:
I totally want to try these! Enjoy your last few weeks in Norway :o)
Post a Comment