Wednesday, March 17, 2010

3 Feet of Snow = Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies


After a week of rain and warmer temperatures old man Winter decided to rear his ugly head. It has basically snowed non-stop for 5 days. We estimate we have gotten about 3 feet of snow. Fun stuff- we were just getting ready for Spring and then this! The snow pile at the end of our drive is taller then Jason and we are almost out of places to put the snow from the driveway. But they are predicting heavy rain staring tomorrow- that should do the trick.
Yes the snow is up to Dopler's belly in our backyard!

The dogs really do love the snow! It continues to amaze us...


So with the snow falling heavy and relentless I decided to do some baking. I went with Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies - here is the recipe. They were good but I think they could have been better. The dried apple rings in Norway were a little crispier then I think the recipe wanted. They were a nice change of pace though.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

But where were the snow plows?!? Hehehehehe.