Monday, March 8, 2010

NYC Girls Night

Brandi and I headed on the train down to New York City early Friday morning. It was good we went early as the "Snowicane" struck NYC a little later in the day and trains were delayed. We arrived and got checked into the hotel - Dream Hotel which was so cool and in a great location. We wandered the city, had some lunch and did a bit of shopping. The streets were a mess- every street corner had about 8-12 inches of wet slush you had to wade through in order to cross the street! All in all the snowicane dropped 19 inches in the city in 24 hours but thankful it tapered off that evening. Later that afternoon we had a spa treatment at our hotel with a mud room (so much fun) and a wonderful relaxing massage.
The slush in the streets
The snowicane in full effect in Times Square

After our pampering we showered - Brandi tired to get all the oil from the massage out of her hair with no luck! We had a nice Italian dinner in the theater district and then we went to a Broadway show (another part of my birthday present from Jason). We saw Memphis- it was really good and had some great music. After a late night drink and dessert we headed to bed. The next morning we had a good ole American breakfast at a dinner next to our hotel then did a bit more sightseeing and shopping. I couldn't leave NYC without some pizza so we had a slice for lunch then took a hair-raising taxi ride to Penn Station where Brandi and I parted ways. I think I got pretty lucky on my travel days since the snowicane shut down JFK for almost 2 days - but my flight was on time but very very full! It was a wonderful trip - one which I would like to repeat again!

Our cool hotel room

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I asked Chris if we could put blue lights under our bed to recreate the cool hotel atmosphere and he didn't seem excited. I had so much fun Robin, thank you SO much for visiting!!!!!!!!!!