Wednesday, June 30, 2010

No Sugar Here

Someone recently commented that I make a lot of sweets...which I do and I know is not great for me but I do make other stuff too. So I thought I would show you some un-sweet things. I have a lot of time on my hands since school ended so this week I have made two different items. Last night we had some Turkish food so I made homemade pitas- they were delicious!
The unrolled out balls of pita - then a little rolling pin and baking and voila...

Then tonight we had pork tacos from this recipe- they were amazing nectarines and all. So I made fresh flour tortillas to go with our tacos- also very yummy. It is amazing how easy tortillas are to make- I may try more of these in the future.


Later this week- some more bread. So I can make things without sugar. Though I did make a huge batch of blueberry muffins the last week of school for our students breakfast and for Jason's belly.

1 comment:

Jason said...

If anybody else makes comments about making too many sweets they are going to have me to deal with. Only communists would think it possible for a person to too many sweets. On the other hand, the pitas and tortillas were really good.