Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rhubarb

As I previously posted we have two large rhubarb bushes in our yard. Last year we didn't do anything with it but this year I made it my mission to use it- even though Jason is not a fan. I also made it my mission to try to find a way that Jason might actually like it. Thankfully, I have been able to give some away so less of it goes to waste. My first attempt was Rhubarb Jam- here is the recipe for it - I didn't make the biscuits with it though. It was really simple and pretty good.
Freshly picked - FYI the leaves are deadly poison
All cut up ready for jam
Jam in progress
Finished product

My second attempt was Lemon Buttermilk Rhubarb Bundt Cake. Here is the recipe. I think it was delicious!! I took some to school and Jason took some to work - overall it went over well. And my mission was complete- Jason liked it!!
Hot out of the oven
After an icing bath

1 comment:

trjnsarah said...

I love to just cook it down with sugar, water, and a little orange zest and then stir it into plain yogurt.