The Norwegians typically celebrate Easter Week at their cabins skiing. There are quite a few traditions including Lamb Leg dinner, special Easter candies, skiing and watching or reading mysterious stories. Yes- mysterious stories are an Easter tradition. They show them on TV and have them on the radio - they also have them on the sides of the milk carton.
Milk Carton Mysteries
We on the other hand we plan to have no mysterious stories or skiing just good Italian sightseeing, food and wine. And we get to see the Pope- not once but twice while in Rome. We are pretty excited for that. I told one of my students parents I was going to Italy and he told me that the skiing conditions wouldn't be very good! He was joking but kinda serious too! We have lovely friends watching the dogs and house which makes going away that much easier for us! Hope you have a great Easter! Look for pictures (from Jason's new toy) after Easter!

Looking forward to seeing Rome and Florence in all their glory!
1 comment:
Hope you guys have a great Easter in Italy. Interesting how similar the word for Easter in Norwegian is to Spanish (Pascua). I know I'm a nerd.
Post a Comment