I was in a "Christmas-y" mood so I thought I would try some holiday type cookies. I decided on "Melting Moments" which are basically Mexican Wedding Cookies/Russian Tea Cakes without nuts (for Jason). They turned out yummy! I had a hard time with the first batch getting the powdered sugar just right but I finally found my method- rolling them in sugar instead of dusting them. I think I might make them with my students for holiday cooking in December. Here is the recipe I used if you are interested - it comes from a cool baking website!
And look out- at the store today I bought cookie cutters for gingerbread! They call it pepperkaker here and it is a big deal so I am excited to try my hand at it soon. Speaking of the store- I went grocery shopping today and took back our coke bottles. I had been lazy about taking them back so I had quite the collection- 38 to be exact. That got me almost $20 in return fees! Talk about a reason to recycle - but then again I paid the amount to start for the bottles!
4 comments:
Add almonds and you've got a Robinson family tradition but we call them Swedish heirloom cookies based on our family's Swedish heritage
Oops! Confusing typo in that last comment. Trying again. :o)
Isn't it funny how getting deposits like that back make you feel like you somehow gained that money?! Always makes me laugh! And I'm so ready to make Christmas cookies! Love seeing your first of the season!!
I gain 2 lbs every time I read your blog.
Miss you!
Post a Comment