Saturday, November 21, 2009

Norwegian CPR

Yesterday I had to take an all day First Aid and CPR class for school. It was pretty funny for me considering I taught those classes in the US for years. The information was mostly good but there was very little practice of skills which is unlike the US version. The class was taught by the same company that delivered our furniture....strange combination of services if you ask me. The funniest things from the day:
  • A burn in Norwegian translates as "fire injury" - we had to teach the instructor the word burn
  • Diabetes in Norwegian translates as "sugar sickness"
  • Heart attack translates as "heart sickness" - we thought he meant heart disease but after some questions we realized he did mean the actual attack
  • They have 3 emergency numbers here (which I knew) - you call 110 for Fire, 112 for Police and 113 for Medical Emergencies. We asked our instructor (who is a paramedic) about how dispatch etc works here- he told us the phone will never be busy since 113 has 4 phone lines- what? Four phone lines- that is all they need? - can't wait until they have some catastrophic event

**I have uploaded some new photos to the "Newest Photos" Album on the right hand side**

No comments: