Sunday, June 27, 2010

And we have liftoff!

After months of speculation, worry and annoyance- our moving process has begun. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of unanswered questions and lots of worry left but at least it has started. We now have a date when the packing should begin (drumroll......) August 25th. We still need to have a move survey completed to determine how long it will take and that will in turn determine when we can fly out but we think we will be in the US the week of August 30th at some point. We are slightly concerned with how the Norwegian movers will do but in the end it will all be insured, right? As I said there are still lots of questions, such as, where we will live in Houston, how long we will be there etc etc but hopefully some of those will be determined in the next month or so.

Other then that there is not much new to report. I had a lazy week of not working last week and another one coming up. Jason had a colleague in town last week so we did do some entertaining but nothing too exciting. The weather has continued to be crappy but it is nice today. I was going to write a whole post on how crappy the weather has been this summer but it made me too sad so I stopped. I will just say the warmest it has been was one day back in mid-May when it was 21C or 69F- and that was one day- it hasn't gotten that warm since :( And just so you know, hearing how miserable you are in the heat of the summer is not very comforting....:)

2 comments:

Brandi said...

The United States anxiously awaits your return! Hope everything goes well with your move- keep us posted!!!e

Tracy said...

Ooooo, exciting!!! Brent and I will have to plan a trip to Houston in September!! :o)